Friday, November 20, 2009

Parenting a child on the Myspaces?

My child is on the Myspaces and I have a program that records dialogue but I saw that she has several accounts. Some of her friends and contacts put crazy ages such as 102 years-old. I've coached her on safety issues and I watch her like a hawk, but no parent has a 100% safe kid. You have to be super careful. Is there any software I can buy that would allow me access to her accounts and to view "everything?"



Parenting a child on the Myspaces?

You need her password that's the only way. I know because my soon has an account with myspace.



Parenting a child on the Myspaces?

Yes and I understand you. I have my sons Email address as well so I can see when he gets a comment but its really hard since they don't use their real name sometimes. As mothers we have every right to see who are kids are talking to because they are under our rules and under our roof. Report It



Parenting a child on the Myspaces?

wow... Report It



Parenting a child on the Myspaces?

no the best thing to do is try to get her password



Parenting a child on the Myspaces?

Doing that behind her back is just wrong. I'd say that if she won't let you see her accounts then you shouldn't let her have any accounts.



Parenting a child on the Myspaces?

oh well.. my yonger sister is 11 and she has like 5 or so. and she got into a lot of trouble on myspace. she was calling oyur cousins bf and they all were talkin but sex and they all met from myspace so theres no way u can be safe. and i dont think that there is a software to look at "everything". only history will work i think



Parenting a child on the Myspaces?

You need to calm down. Seems like you have NO trust in your daughter. If you don't like that she is on myspace, then you should either block that website from use, or just have no internet.



Going behind her back and snooping is wrong on so many levels!!!



Parenting a child on the Myspaces?

how would you like it if your daughter looked at your emails, got all of your passwords, looked at the sites you visited, etc



Parenting a child on the Myspaces?

I agree with a lot of these people. You shouldn't be snooping. Give her her privacy, just make sure she knows about predators. I don't think you should do this, but at worst, ask her to show you her myspace and stuff. I think you need to spend more time with your daughter, and get to know, and trust her.



Parenting a child on the Myspaces?

Ya its called being her mom and telling her u need the password if u don't give me it i will take the computer away from you!!! simple as that wow my-space can be alot of drama and a bad place for some kids. the age thing about being 102 i would not worry about my friends do that and i am 24 i don't understand it but idk. And i am pretty sure u can buy software's like that Dr.Phil did a thing once on the computers and he had a guy on there saying something about a software like that or to take the computer out of the home for good if the child did not agree to give there moms full access to every web page they go to and passwords. My cousin is 16 and she has a my-space account and her mom never looks at it or anything i am shocked at some of the things her friends say and do on there and some of the pics posted on myspace from kids. Some people more then likely teens say mind ur on business and leave us alone but hey we r there parents we have a right to view what they do and say on the computer until they r 18. If she cant be trusted 100% and keeps maken other accounts then i would remove the computer untill she learns her lesson. these days a kid would go crazy without a comp in there home lol maybe it will work GL



EDIT lol i liked the add on...try a spy store or a spy store online i am sure they have stuff on there u can buy to hook up to a comp. most women do it to catch there hubbys cheating lol but i am 100% sure there is some kind of spy device u can buy for the computer!



Parenting a child on the Myspaces?

Just get her password.



Or.



Make your own Myspace, add her to your friends list, then you can see everything. =D



Parenting a child on the Myspaces?

Sorry, I know you said no one under 21, but let me be honest with you. Treating your child like your property will get you no where. It just makes you look bad, and I'm sure your child would be happy to know you feel that way about her. I'm sorry, she has her own feelings and ideas. Respect them a little bit. We can all see how you must treat your daughter with that attitude. And the law about boarding colleges? It wouldn't be enforced. People actually have respect for their kids most of the time. I can't believe how parents treat teens sometimes. Don't mock them about mommies and daddies. You are degrading to teens. Knock it off, your NO better then they are.



Have trust in your child, make her delete the accounts except one, and have her put the safety stuff up.Very simple to let friends only see profiles. That way, you don't have to pry into her life, but you can know she is safe.



I think it's sad that you want to spy so much. Trust your kid, and know where she is when she goes out.



It's all about trust. Let her be able to od her thing until she screws it up bad. Dr. Phil features extreme cases of these kids. They aren't norms. I think it's sad you would let a T.V. show influence your view on kids that do have freedom!



EDIT: Yeah, kids screw up, but how many adults do too? Kids just get the publicity from it. One or two things that occured aren't a fair reason to not trust your child. If YOU raised her correctly, why do you have to worry about her being a trouble maker or a stupid girl? I'm sure if you teach her how to deal with someone trying to kidnap her , she wouldn't just go with the person. There are parents that are uninvolved, and let their kids run wild, but if you are involved, and have raised your kid with morals and a good head on her shoulders, there should be no issue. You can't shelter your child because of fear. That is no way to live!



As we can see, the one that killed someone was messed up, and the one that killed himself may have had one mistake or had a bad time and decided that this was best. No offense but, yeah, bad choices. Not all kids are that stupid!Nice try with scare tactics though..they'll work on her.



EDIT: I forgot, I would also like to point out that I have made it 20 years so far. My Parents never looked at myspace,facebook, my journal, etc. even in Jr. high. They trusted me to be smart. If I messed up they would have looked.



I have yet to be a trouble maker, stupid, a druggie, pregnant, raped, or kidnapped, nor am I depressed.Most of my friends are the same.



Parenting a child on the Myspaces?

invasion of privacy is also a crime lady



Parenting a child on the Myspaces?

Okay, I'm under 21, but I'm answering anyways because I know what I'm talking about, because I got into some serious trouble with myspace in May 06.



I got grounded for a total of 6 months, I got put on restriction (no phone, tv, internet, friends or fun) for 3 weeks, and we talked (by that I mean I got interrogated) everyday until we figured out why I had done what I did.



I'm now almost 18 and my parents decided that if I hadn't learned my lesson by now, I wouldn't ever learn it.



You need to ask her for a list of usernames and passwords, and tell her that she isn't allowed to delete messages, history or cookies.



Tell her that if she does, you'll give her punishment.



I won't tell you what punishment, I don't know what you do or what works for her.



And there are softwares, but I don't know any of their names or where to find them.



Also, tell her that she is to make all of her accounts viewable by friends only, and that she needs to make it so that only people who know her 1.) email address or 2.) last name can add her.



If her account is viewable by everyone, a pedophile or stalker can gather enough information to figure her out.



Also, why does she need multiple accounts?



Truth is, she really doesn't.



So she might be hiding something, or she might think that if you take away one myspace account, she has X many others to log into.



You should also make your own myspace and add her as a friend.



Then you can see what bulletins she posts and everything.



This is just what my mom does, and I don't dare do anything she wouldn't approve of.



I hope I helped.



And to everyone who is say that it's "snooping".



It's not snooping.



Her kid is under 18.



Not only can she look at what her daughter's been doing, she has an obligation to keep her daughter safe.



If this was your kid, wouldn't you rather keep her safe than let her run wild and do what she wanted to?



Parents have 18 years with their kids before they can do what they want.



You should teach your kids as much about life as possible by then.



Parenting a child on the Myspaces?

How old is your kid? If he/she is over 18 (not 22.5) then he/she can do as they please. Do not snoop in your kids things. It is not yours and you shouldnt treat your kid as property. You wouldnt like it if your kid read your emails, read your diary, listened in on your phone calls...would you? You should trust your child.



Parenting a child on the Myspaces?

Since she is a minor and under age she is under your care. However there should be enough trust there. I think you should be able to talk to her about everything that goes on. And to the people you have stated in your attempt to prove that a child is not to be trusted, there were obvious pyschological problems that these young individuals have. How are the parents supposed to know that?



Parenting a child on the Myspaces?

There are programs that record every keystroke made on the computer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd